Sport (Performance and Excellence) BTEC Level 3 Certificate / Subsidiary Diploma / Diploma at Thomas Rotherham College.
BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Sport - equates to 1 AS Level -
Qualification can be converted to a full A Level within the second year by studying the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma.
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport - equates to 1 A Level –
• Qualification can be converted to a second A Level within the second year by studying the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport. BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport - equates to 3 A Levels. This is a very popular course due to the practical emphasis. Learners will be expected to perform and coach in football as well as participate in a number of fitness based sessions.
Units include - All of the units in option 2 and 3 plus a selection of units from –
• Exercise, Health & Lifestyle
• Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
• Sports Injuries
• Talent Identification & Development in Sport
• Sport & Exercise Massage
• Research Investigation into Sport & Exercise Sciences.
• Study Visits / Gothia cup in Sweden
• Sports Leading & Sports Coaching within local primary and secondary schools
• Work placement
5 GCSEs at Grade A* - C in 4 different subjects including C in English (and D in Maths if this is not one of your 5 A* - C grades).
All units assessed through portfolio assignments.
All three courses can lead to higher education and careers in sport psychology, fitness and sport therapy, sport and exercise science, physical education teacher and other related sports careers / courses.
For more details about this course, please visit one of our Open Evenings.
How to apply
Contact our team for information on trials for 2019-20. Details will also be posted with respective clubs.